Happiness is not something that one can tag with a thing or an object. It’s all about being with the self. When someone consciously does something without any dilemma, prejudice, pressure or any kind of force, he/she naturally becomes happy. This rule is applied to all humans. And, as the employees to are the humans, the same rule is quite expected to be applied in their case too. Now, the question is how to make them (the employees) feel happy at your office or while working for your organization. Discussed below is a detailed dig on it.
Know the vibe
For making an office a happy place for the employees, make sure they feel motivated to be there. Be it about Google, Facebook, or any globally renowned organization at present, they all maintain a pretty friendly atmosphere inside the office. And, the magic is that the employees inside work in a quite motivated way.
That’s the kind of vibe any employer would wish to create inside the office. So, the next step is to train the employees in a way so that they would feel naturally enthused. This process starts with picking up the right employees. Select people you feel have the spark in the concerned field.
If someone is naturally enthusiastic about doing something, he/she is guaranteed to be having a dream of being at the highest level of it. Now, being an employer, you must make them feel assured that your organization falls in the direction of their dream way. In this context, the following are some key things that should be addressed at first.
- Get close to your employees. Make them feel free to share their dreams, and appreciate it.
- Even if the goal is not related to your work, rather regarding any object, respect it and provide the needful help as much as possible. This creates natural gratitude in the minds of the employee towards the company.
- Avoid hiring immature people in the HR department. The biggest problem about it is that they don’t know how to deal with the imperfection of others. In the pursuit of impressing the boss or for their ego, they guard little mistakes, which kill the dedication of the employee greatly. Rather, train them to make the employees so responsible that they would naturally feel responsible for the work.
- Treat them like your family; celebrate their birthday, anniversary, and all other happiness.
- Success party is like a must; it won’t be wrong to say that such parties involve people with organization and the work the most.
- In the pursuit of creating competitiveness vibe at the office, sometimes people create envy among the employees. This is a must thing to be avoided. Make sure no one feels inferior while appreciating the good work of another employee or colleague.
- Encourage and appreciate people those who want to be creative. Have some room for mistakes as well if the employee commits through the trial of being creative.
Ultimately, happiness is a positive energy that is like the most powerful driving force of any organization. It should be the first thing to be addressed.